The Studeblogger

Thursday, June 11, 2009

New carburetor!

Look what the UPS man dropped off today - a beautiful "new" Carter WCFB carburetor, courtesy of Bob Stone, the Carb Doctor. It's so beautiful I almost feel bad bolting it to the car!

The 2219 that's on Barney right now came from a 1955 President V8 with a manual transmission. It's pretty crusty, and I haven't been able to make the car stay running at low idle, due to the lousy springs and nasty fuel gum buildup all over the unit. So when this 2214 came up on eBay, I jumped on it. WCFB 2214s are specified for cars with automatic transmission, and since Barney has a Flight-O-Matic, this carb ought to give a little better performance (aside from the fact that it's in much fresher condition).

I'm going to try to swap out the carb tomorrow, as well as install the new fuel pipe I got from SASCO. I'd love to get it lit and ticking before I leave town.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home