The Studeblogger

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Nearly there!

Things are getting done now at a pretty good clip. The last couple of weeks, I've been messing around on the car as much as possible - an hour here, a lunch break there. Parts have come trickling in from all sources, too.

A couple of days ago, I got a new PCV valve from NAPA and installed that; the pre-assembled water manifold (with pump, thermostat and water neck) and alternator went on last Saturday. Today my fuel pump arrived from Studebakers West and I made another trip to NAPA for fuel line fittings (a right angle was needed for the output of the fuel pump and the carb inlet). I got new throttle and transmission control swivels from Chuck Collins, which still need to go on.

I also replaced the old, clogged Zerk fittings on the driveshaft and got a needle adapter to lube it up, since they're at such weird angles. The driveshaft is ready to go in now.

Last steps are to get the transmission shifter rod and new throttle pressure rod connected, install the radiator and clutch fan, and get lube in her. We're almost ready for Firing Day!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home