The Studeblogger

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Let the (paint) chips fall where they may.

I got a page of paint chips for the 1963 Studebakers from an eBay seller (man, you've gotta love eBay - America's Garage Sale!), so I'm posting it here for the benefit of all those other '63 owners who might be wondering what was out there.

My Lark was originally Rose Mist (2nd chip in Column B), a pretty metallic that reminds me of the color of Las Vegas soil. We're still debating whether or not to take it back to original, although with the Chestnut interior it's a pretty combo.

But (even though I'm not a fan of white cars) the Lark does look good in white. Dunno... gotta think on this. Either way, painting is a ways down the road. Gotta finish the mechanicals first.

Speaking of which, I got a call from Ken last night. He'd finished tearing the engine apart, and said that apart from a damaged crank hub and thrust bearing, it was in great shape. The crank is OK, and appears to have never been turned, so we can go .010" over with no problem. This is really good news, since it means I may not have to spend as much for parts as I 'd expected (dreaded). Ken will be calling Rich Gahlbeck at Studebakers Northwest to order parts today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home