The Studeblogger

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Build it and they will come.

I ordered the build sheet for our Lark from the Studebaker National Museum, and it arrived the other day. I've been really waiting for this, because it clears up a bunch of stuff I'd wondered about.

It looks like our car was a California car from the beginning, being shipped to a dealer in San Francisco. It was originally Rose Mist with Chestnut vinyl interior. The only option on the car was the Flight-O-Matic automatic transmission!

That means that some of the other stuff was definitely added later. The 4-bbl manifold and carb was obviously a put-on (the carb ID's from a '57 President), the dual exhausts were a mod, and the Twin-Traction rear end was most likely a dealer-installed option. Was the Climatizer still an option at this point? I don't know; I'll have to find that out.

You can get your car's production order for any year between 1936 and 1966 directly from the Studebaker Museum in South Bend. You can order online; it costs $40 bucks and takes about 6-8 weeks. I'll post paint chips when I have 'em. Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home