The Studeblogger

Monday, November 30, 2009

Parts delivered.

I took a load of parts over to Vista Brake this AM - the two new front hub/drum assemblies from Studebaker International, the good used rear hub/drums from Bob Peterson, and a complete new set of inner and outer front wheel bearings and oil seals (parts I'd snagged off eBay sometime during the past 3 years).

Bryan miked the used finned rear drums and proclaimed them "perfect" (only turned .020" - nearly new!), and I managed to snap a couple of quick pics before heading to my next appointment.



Here's Barney on the lift, with all four wheels and brakes disassembled.  You can't see it in this pic, but in person it's obvious how badly the rear springs have flattened; some leaves refuse to regain their arch when lifted and their plastic anti-squeak liners have fallen out! I have an NOS set of springs from SASCO, but they need to be disassembled and re-painted before they go on the car.

 

In this shot you can see the right rear wheel; this is the one whose wheel cylinder had blown out and contaminated the pads with brake fluid. Bryan's stripped all the parts from the backing plate and mounted the new cylinder. I hope all that rust doesn't mean a hard time pulling the old hubs from the tapered axle! But then, he's the one doing it - not me .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home