The Studeblogger

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm thankful for new brakes!


It's Thanksgiving, and I have much to be grateful for - my beautiful wife of 22 years, my son Reed who isn't too much of a wiseacre too much of the time, my job, and good friends and family. And I thank God for all these things.

But today I'm thankful for one more thing - brand new front brake drums and hubs from Chuck Collins, which came with the FedEx man around lunchtime. Along with the new wheel bearings and oil seals I'd squirreled away, these will go to Vista Brake next week -- hopefully, along with the set of used rear drums that are en route from Bob Peterson. Once Bryan gets these, Barney will be on the road again. Hmmm, I can hear Willie Nelson in my head...!

You can find Chuck Collins' Studebaker Parts Online at:

StudebakerParts.Com
2410 W. Freeway Ln.
Phoenix AZ 85021
602-995-5311

And if you're looking for parts from Bob Peterson:

C & B Studebakers
Castro Valley, CA
510-266-2522

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Clark, do you know what Vista used for a Master Cylinder? Im trying to find a replacement for the shot dual unit in my 63 Daytona...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:14 AM  

  • Yes, Ron - they used a Raybestos 36237. Bryan didn't tell me what the book specified it for, but I took him an original dual-pot MC and he measured the bores and capacities, and x-ref'd it to this number.

    Not that the correct-looking repop that SI has isn't nice, but $70.00 compared to $280 is preferable any day!

    By Blogger Clark, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home